Types of Laboratory Water
There are a number of types of laboratory water. This is crucial to understand as you may have different needs, depending on what your laboratory does, and this need may change over time. Here are the main types of laboratory water:
- Feed Water: Also referred to as raw or potable water, feed water is a type of water with a quality that reflects its source. This type of water is rarely used in a laboratory setting.
- Primary Grade Water, Type 3: Once feed water is put through carbon filtration and reverse osmosis, you get Type 3 water. This is often used as the starting point for many applications in laboratories, such as in autoclave machines and as a pretreatment for ultrapure water systems.
- General Laboratory Grade Water, Type 2: On top of reverse osmosis, an additional method such as ion exchange is utilized for more pure water. This water has a resistivity that allows it to be used in general applications. These include general chemistry and spectrophotometry, buffer and media protection, and more.
- Ultrapure Water, Type 1: Using Type 1 water is a requirement for analytical laboratories as well as for critical applications. This is used in cell and tissue cultures, liquid or gas chromatography, molecular biology, and more. Type 1 water can also be used in any application where Type 2 or Type 3 water is used to help avoid the generation of by-products.
By partnering with Besco Water Treatment, you are trusting the experts who will set you up with systems that allow you to get the correct purity of water for your laboratory’s needs. We work with you to understand exactly what the best water purification systems are best for you.
Our Laboratory Water Purification Services
Here at Besco Water Treatment, we have an understanding of what is needed to get you the best water treatment necessary for lab work. Our lab water system services include:
- Systems to Match All Lab Water Types: Whether you want Types 1, 2, 3, or some combination of those three, we are able to get you set up with the right systems.
- Flexible Sizes: Our systems are built to fit your needs. With lab water treatment from Besco, you get systems for 1 liter or 1000 liters a day, or any other amount you may need.
- Professional Water Analysis: Not only do we have a professional determine exactly what systems match your needs, but we also match our water treatment to your water. Not all water is the same, especially across geographical areas. We provide personal water treatment, never a one-size-fits-all.
- 24/7 Emergency Services: While we always provide the best of the best when it comes to this machinery, we recognize that, eventually, you will need a fix or a replacement part. That is why we offer 24/7 emergency services, to keep you protected from the unexpected.
These high-quality services are built to meet any lab application, even specific applications that require ultrapure water. Not only do our systems produce any type of purified water that you need, but our water purification technologies are matched with flexible services and hands-on care.
Request Your Free Consultation
We offer free consultations to help you get an understanding of the process and to help determine what your best steps are. Set up yours, or ask any questions that you may have, by reaching out to us at any time at (800) 964-0257. You can also leave us a message by filling out our simple online form.