More water is used in the food and beverage industry than in any other industry. From an ingredient in foods and beverages, to a cleaning agent, to boiling and cooling food products, clean water is a necessity for the food and beverage industry. With water shortages in many states and countries, it has never been more important to conserve and manage water effectively.
If you are in need of expert guidance in managing your water needs in food or beverage, turn to Besco Commercial Water Treatment. Our 50 years of experience will help us to answer your questions about your water requirements and will provide you with valuable knowledge of solutions – some tried and true, and some cutting-edge.
Food & Beverage Water Treatment Applications
Water treatment needs vary widely in the food and beverage industry depending on the application of the water.
From cleaning machinery, to being used in food and beverage products, having clean, high-quality water is essential to all businesses in the food and beverage industry.
- Ingredient mixing
- Drinking water
- Boiler and hot water treatment
- Wastewater reduction
- Dishwashers and steamers
Since products in this industry affect consumers, many businesses and facilities are held to very high standards of quality. The water leaving many of these facilities must meet state and federal environmental regulations as well, so it must be treated, too.
Besco Commercial Water Treatment has a staff of expert engineers who will guide you through the steps of pre-treatment, membrane filtration, reverse osmosis and even ultrafiltration, where demands require.
Based in Michigan, we work nationwide and are very familiar with the water resources of all parts of the country as well as internationally, so we can quickly work with your team to identify your needs, install the systems you need and get your products online.
Water Treatment in the Food & Beverage Industry
Some of the most common treatment methods are:
- Reverse Osmosis: RO Systems remove both bacterial and chemical contaminants by using a semi-permeable membrane, which prevents large particles from passing through, purifying the water to create clean drinking water.
- Ultraviolet (UV) Water Treatment: UV treatment kills viruses, bacteria and other organisms that could be present in water without using harsh chemicals. The UV process retains the flavor and quality of the water and reduces potential for chemical contamination.
- Commercial Water Filtration: Water filtration takes many forms and is typically used before any other type of treatment. Since filtration can’t remove heavy metals, salt or minerals, it’s best used hand-in-hand with other treatment system. Wastewater from food and beverage processing plant typically needs to be filtered before it leaves the facility to meet environmental regulations.
- Ultrafiltration: Ultrafiltration (UF) ensures high quality, pure water that can be used as an ingredient in foods and beverages. This system purifies, separates and concentrates molecules in the water and removes it through pressure.
- Deionization: DI Treatment is common in many industries, including food and beverage. It removes minerals and ions, leaving pure water behind.
The food and beverage industry can create a lot of wastewater. Due to many local, state and federal regulations, this wastewater must be treated before it can leave the facility.
The process of treating wastewater can require many steps, including pre-treatment, membrane filtration, disinfection or odor removal, and more. Besco Commercial Water Treatment has the expertise, as well as the technologies, to meet your compliance standards.
Get a free quote from Besco Commercial Water Treatment today
We have the knowledge, experience, and references to assure you of our qualifications to get your job done. Call Ken Morgan at (800) 964-0257 or fill out our online form to get started now.